Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 16, 2012

What's the Adage for "If it IS broke..."

I have chosen to start this blog mainly for selfish reasons.  I have kept numerous "health journals" but frankly, I am too lazy to write in them daily, let alone several times a day.  I am hoping that typing will be a quicker and easier way to keep track of this important task.  However, I am open to any readers and their comments, questions, suggestions, concerns, et cetera.  While my primary goal of doing this blog is to keep up on my health issues, it would be awesome if somehow this blog helps someone else deal with chronic health problems!

I have chosen this silly first title post because I've been wondering how to fill in the blank for that problem.  I feel like everything in my body is broken, and I've tried so many things but haven't found any one thing that works well and is something I can stick with.  So if it's ALL broke, how the heck do I fix it?!  (Remember, I am TOTALLY open to ANY suggestions here).

Since this is my first post, I'll try to do a quick rundown of what the heck's been going on, even though it's probably review.  From head to toe, something almost everywhere is wrong.  I have been having sinus problems from hell for about two years, headaches of varying location and intensity off and on since age 10, a sore throat for about 4 years, salivary gland problems (swelling and infection) for about 10 years which have progressed into a daily problem, gum disease with periodic bleeding and receding gums, ear pain and ringing off and on for about the last 6-7 years (once I thought I had an ear infection for about 2 years solid), EXTREME sensitivity to light (and noise, smells, etc), chest pain, upper left arm pain, periodic elbow and wrist pain (both sides), pain in my right pointer finger (all 3 joints), sometimes pain in the large bones of my hands or the tips of my fingers, numbness and tingling in my hands, feet, face, and back of my head (tingling and/or weird sensations), pain in both sides of my ribs, digestion problems, extreme gasiness, lower back pain since age 16, pain in my shoulder blades (especially the left one, which my chiro said was the tightest he's ever felt), knee pain (especially in the right knee), ankle pain and cracking, hip pain and popping (especially the right side), big toe joint pain, sensations of very hot soles of feet, jaw pain and popping since age 14, lightheadedness, ridiculously easy bruising (for as long as I can remember- it runs in the family) and pin point sized dots of blood under the skin, slow wound healing, brain fog, forgetfulness including using the wrong word (so embarrassing), fluttering or twitching which can occur anywhere in the body,  tooth pain and lower gum pain that comes and goes, 2 known miscarriages, prone to uti and yeast-like infections, itchy ears, spots on my arms that have lost pigment, a couple of firm small lumps on the tops of my feet/bottom of my shins, scars that are small but healed very thick and red resulting in permanent raised bumps, shin pain or random pain in legs, and eye pain, strain, floaters.  PHEW, thanks for sticking that out- pretty sure that's the whole list.  Fun, right?

So, I'm not totally sure what the heck is wrong with me but I have a couple of ideas.  (AGAIN, I AM OPEN TO IDEAS- I don't mind looking into any probable leads, I just want to know what's up, that I'll live, and how to manage WHATEVER it may be)!  Autoimmune?  Fibro?  Thyroid?  Poor lifestyle habits that built up and kicked my ass?   All of the above?  :)  These are some of the avenues I'd like to pursue further.  I JUST WANT TO FEEL DECENT!

Today I had very bad low back pain this morning.  Walking, sitting, and driving were especially painful.  When I was driving the kids home from karate I got shooting pains on the left side of my lower back.  By the time we got home, it just felt like my whole lower back area was toxic.  I know that's a weird way to describe it, but that's what's up.  It happens to me often, my body just feels... gross, to the bone.  Like something totally nasty just infiltrated and made it, well, toxic.  MANY of my joints hurt today, both knees, both wrists, my right elbow, both pointer fingers, both ankles, left shoulder blade, left ribs (really actually freaking me out they've been bothering me so much the last couple of days, off and on, anywhere from a small area right under the breast to a small area at the bottom of my rib cage), my chest, and my shoulders/neck.  Stresswise, I am annoyed with work (the hours, the people) and really don't want to be around some of the people there... ever.  Recently, I have been eating very poorly and so the last couple of days I have been making a WAY bigger effort to control what I eat and avoid sugar, dairy, potatoes, and carbs.  Today, I didn't eat great but not terrible, either.  I had quite a bit of coffee (2 large cups of regular and 2 large cups of decaf), and also had some potato salad and some mashed potatoes.  I had some fruit but not any veggies.  Also, I am currently having my period, I am not sure how much that contributes to my sickness but I think it definitely does.  Also, my molar tooth on the bottom right of my mouth has been hurting (mainly when I brush my teeth).  This seems to happen more during my time of the month, but I'll need to write more to see if that's actually the case.

That's about it for today's symptoms and other notes.  Thanks for reading, thanks in advance for any suggestions, and please say a little prayer that I will keep this up so I can start making better connections about what the heck is wrong with me, AND how to fix it!

No comments:

Post a Comment