Total Pageviews

Monday, June 18, 2012

More I Forgot's and SUN!

Oh, boy, post #3 and somehow I am just now getting to one of the biggie symptoms: SUN (and heat, and artificial light).  It hates me! I CANNOT see without sunglasses, sometimes I even have to wear them indoors.  Last summer, after, say, a day at the pool, my body would feel like I'd been hit by a truck, sometimes even for a few days.  I haven't had the opportunity yet to see if this summer I will be plagued by this experience again or not.  In a way, I hope so, just because I think it could be an important piece to the "what on earth is wrong with this girl" puzzle.  And remember that first post where I mentioned feeling "toxic"?  Yeah, heat (like a nice, relaxing warm bath) totally gives me that awesome feeling.  Now that I think about it, the night before I wrote that first post, I had a warm bath.  Next morning, toxic low back. Hmmmmmm...

On spring break of 2011 (before I knew that warmth was my mortal enemy), we went to Glenwood Springs (YAY!)  After a lovely soak in the HOT pool, I woke up during the night feeling like every limb was on fire.  I was so scared I almost called 911, but then I was able to get myself adjusted enough that I fell back to an uncomfortable and not so restful sleep, and didn't pass away during the night.  So yeah, that's what warm and/or sun likes to do to me.  WTH?

So that's the big I forgot symptom.  I'm pretty sure it's important.

Today I felt OK ish.  I am getting more tired, cranky, and sluggish by the day.  I worked day 6 of 12 and took 3 karate classes, so all in all, I'm holding up OK.  I met most of my goals, got up and did some stretches and jumping jacks this morning, and am currently outside blogging.  It feels awesome just to get off the couch and away from the glowing box of doom (for those who don't hang out with my husband so much, that's just a fancy way of saying the TV).  My hands still hurt, my low back (all of it, and way down into the tailbone area), my upper left arm, my right knee, and both sides of my ribs were the spots that were most annoying today.  On the drive home from work my right ribs felt SO annoying.  Just kinda full.  My liver might be exploding.  (KIDDING- I hope)!  I ate decently again, but, again, not great.  I need to eat more veggies and less, well, whatever else I've been eating instead.  Plus, I have still been having too much coffee... not that I really think there can be a too much, but Dr. Mark (Ryan's brother, my awesome acupuncturist) says to lay off.  It's hard, I really do heart coffee.  That's about it, I'm still alive and I haven't killed anyone, so all in all I feel like a success.  We'll see how tomorrow goes (always have to take it day by day).

No comments:

Post a Comment