Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Acupuncture

Last night I went to get acupuncture (finally!) from my awesome brother in law, Mark.  We had a really good talk beforehand, but it was kinda weird to talk about my, gulp, feelings.  I don't really know where I stand with a lot of things going on in my life.  I feel like my life has spiraled into a big fat disaster, sure, but I have not really taken the time to explore in my own head how I actually feel about any given problem or aspect I'm unhappy with.  It is weird to talk about it and have someone insightful prod me to think about these things.  I wonder if it will be a helpful piece in helping me figure out what the heck is going on with me. 

It makes me laugh when I get acupuncture or go to the chiropractor and I tell them a certain area is giving me trouble, and then they start getting in there, and they're like, "oh my gosh, this is all jacked up."  Ya!  I told you.  :)  Last night Mark started digging around in an area in my right hip that has been bothering me for quite some time and sounded like he experienced more pain digging around and feeling how messed up it is than I have felt.  "GEEZ, madam!"  He exclaimed.  I know!!  This has happened numerous times when I'd get a chiropractic adjustment.  My chiro, Dr. Mike, is really awesome, but sometimes he's so funny.  Sometimes he only has to feel one spot on my back before he is cussing under his breath.  If they think it's hard to adjust, they should try living day to day with it lol.

Mark and I did talk some about my issues with pregnancy and he is going to center my treatment and herbal program around that.  I am hopeful that, together, (with me FINALLY getting serious about and sticking with a good, healthy diet plan) we can get me healthy enough to consider conceiving again, and to actually carry a pregnancy to term.  I know I have 2 healthy kids but I also have 2 kids who couldn't even make it out of the first trimester, so those are not very good odds.  Half of my babies are in heaven, and I don't like that very much.

As an aside, I think it is pretty funny that I started this blog because I felt that my health has become such a different issue, and yet I keep cross referencing all my posts between the 2 different blogs.  I know my health and my pregnancy losses are connected, but trying to write 2 separate blogs about the different topics has made me realize that the 2 things are very closely tied together.

Today I felt achier than usual.  I wonder if the acupuncture stirred up crud that was stagnant in my body, or what.  This isn't the first time I've felt worse right after.  Which is totally fine.  I like feeling worse sometimes because it makes me think that the icky irritations which have taken over my body are moving their way out.  I hope that's the case as I am starting to reach the VERY end of my rope, both physically and mentally.  I can't wait to continue to explore what is going on with me more regularly so I can get on a path that leads to being healthy and feeling well.

No comments:

Post a Comment