Total Pageviews

Monday, January 14, 2013

Detox Day 2

I woke up with a slight headache but felt better(ish) overall on day 2.

weight: 167.2 (that's right, I lost 3 pounds the first day. sheesh! although honestly I was bloated like crazy and looked disgusting)
mood: determined but still sorta tempted to say "eff this!"
physical: drained but starting to see some benefits

breakfast: the smoothie was huge once again and this time it took me ALL day (well, all work day) to finish the darn thing. I was thisclose to having half a cup of coffee but just told myself other people had done it and so can I. I also reminded myself that I could have some awesome coffee once it was over and that helped me stay on track. I really had been drinking WAY too much coffee lately, so really, 3 days without was probably a good thing. Day actually went better than I expected it to, my mood had improved from day 1 and the day went pretty smoothly but I DID experience some lightheadedness periodically. Strangely, I wasn't super hungry. I often don't get a chance to eat much at work so maybe that's why. But the (work) day went pretty ok.

lunch: forced myself to make the lunch smoothie before I left work. Drank a bit on the way home, but honestly really JUST couldn't do it. It was so gross. Maybe I was smoothied out but today the lunch smoothie was NOT good. At all. However, it was at this point that I noticed my headache had finally completely subsided. Yay! I had been SUPER tempted to take something for it in the morning but figured my liver could use a break and probably wouldn't detox all that well if I popped a Tylenol. Since I had pre prepped all the breakfast and lunch smoothies for work, I just put that one away for day 3 and decided to **cheat** (GASP) and just EAT the contents of the last lunch smoothie. I had the half apple and wretched, almost puking in my kitchen sink. Then I was fine so I ate the pineapple but the  cucumbers, celery, and kale (drizzled with the coconut oil and lime) were just too gross. I hate to waste food but I ended up throwing that part away. I just couldn't take it anymore.  This was also shortly after I returned home for the day, where I noticed that the temperature in my home was 69°. A little low but I didn't think too much of it. The outside temp was around 20°.

Snack/dinner:  I modified the smoothie recipe because it turns out a quarter teaspoon of cayenne is simply too much. I'm sure it would've been great for my circulatory system but I couldn't handle that much. So instead I put in just a couple dashes (which was still plenty). I also added more avocado and some plain Greek yogurt to make it more "smoothie" and less "liquid with tiny food chunks" I also used 1 cup of coconut water instead of 1 1/2 cups like the recipe calls for. It was better but nothing I was thrilled about.  Here's where things get cRaZy! I CHEATED. That's right. I couldn't eat NO food. So, along with my smoothie I made myself a small baked potato topped with plain Greek yogurt and salsa. And, since I made the kids some peas for dinner, I had some of those, too. OMG, best peas and potato EVER. I thought I was in heaven, getting to EAT.

detox bath: I took my bath early (while the kids were still up) and this time I read some magazines I'd been wanting to catch up on. I guess I was in there a while because they acted like I was being excessively long (Taryn claimed I was in there for 2 hours but it was NOT that long- I'm pretty sure!) (This was shortly after the time I declared what a bad mood I had been in the day before- I THOUGHT I was keeping it under control!- and they were like "yeah! you were!" oops :/) After I got out my whole lower body was SUPER achy and it hit me that baths and I sometimes don't get along that well. Great. Send my body flairing up when I'm TRYING to help it. Ugh! By now my house feels REALLY cold but I don't look at the thermostat and figure it's because I just got out  of a warm bath that it seems chilly. Turns out I should've been paying more attention.

later: I had wanted to hit the hay early but 11 o'clock came and I realized (after showering) that it was COLD in my house. Thermostat in my room isn't even registering and the main one reads 62°, outside is around 5°.  I grudgingly go downstairs and yup, pilot on the furnace is out. Crud. Ryan tries to talk me through it on the phone, which 1. keeps cutting out and dropping the call and 2. I'm afraid is going to catch an electrical spark and explode in my face. Finally get the thing relit and get to bed around midnight. Great. Have to get up at 620 the next day AND I'm dirty from sitting on the basement floor after I just showered. Go to bed annoyed but hopeful that I'll warm up soon.

prequel to day 3: toss and turn all night FREEZING MY BEEP-A-DEEP OFF. Finally drag myself outta bed at 630 (IMMEDIATELY putting on a fuzzy robe) and the thermostat reads FIFTY FOUR. Awesome...

dun dun duhhhhh!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the furnace! :-(

    Glad to hear day 2 was better.

    Good luck!
    ((hugz))

    ReplyDelete