Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 3 and Bottom Line

Sorry to keep you waiting on my 3rd and final day update.  I'm sure you've been anxiously awaiting word :)

day 3

weight: woke up to a 54 degree house (less than 50 in my bedroom) and already late. didn't have time to weigh in first thing in the a.m.  p.m weight- with clothing- at my acupuncture appointment was around 166
mood: mantra "it's the last day, it's the last day, it's the last day" (seriously! this is ALL that kept me going)
physical:  can feel my sinuses starting to clear some, and they've continued to do so (I'm 5 days post program now), hot baths have started to REALLY f*%k up my lower back, slightly grumpy but not AS bad, emotional (or at least pretty dang upset with my furnace), SO EAGER for it to be OVER!

brekky:
HELLO! Omitted the cup of water from the smoothie (and added more spinach- why NOT sneak in more when you can?), and HEY! this is DELICIOUS (and also not ridiculously huge). Was actually HAPPY to drink the thing- AND it didn't take half the day to finish!  WOO progress.  Wish I had known this prior to day 1!  However, I cheated.  Yeah, right at the beginning of the day.  Got hungry in the later a.m. and ordered egg whites with avocado- yum!  Also had a little chicken gumbo soup before I left work- like 1/3 of a cup.  Felt SO nice to EAT.

lunch:
work was slow DEAD AS HELL due to the stinking awful disappointment of a pathetic excuse for a broncos game, so I was off pretty early.  Returned home to a balmy 52 degree house and my poor father in law STILL trying to fix that dang furnace.  I dumped out half of the leftover lunch smoothie- honestly, that shit is just. too. gross. Added the breakfast ingredients to what remained and remixed.  Delish!  Had to enough to count for lunch and snack.  Mother in law tempted me with hot apple cider and while holding the hot cup felt AWESOME, I only had a couple sips.  Heard a "woo hoo" from downstairs, cuz THE FURNACE IS FIXED.  Hell, yes!  Thank goodness!

din din:
Made the dinner smoothie with much less cayenne than it calls for and less coconut water so that it would have a better consistency and would produce less.  Made a large cupful.  Consumed with another salsa and greek yogurt topped baked potato.  MMMMMM.  Thing was so damn good I wolfed it down like a pig and burned the sides of the roof of my mouth.  So worth it.  Took the kids to kids nite out at our local rec center so that I could have some Alex time and caught a flick.  SUPER tempted to purchase some popcorn but TOTALLY resisted the urge (go, me)!  (Honestly, I told myself I could go next weekend and have popcorn then- don't worry, I never get it with the "butter," even when I'm not detoxing).

detox bath:
arrived home late but had the next 3 days off to look forward to so I took the bath late and read some more magazines.  Felt not that awesome and not that awful afterward.  But really, I think hot baths 3 days in a row and I just don't mix.  I really just don't feel very great if I get too much heat.  HOWEVER, the skin on my face has been SO soft and I'm pretty sure the baths helped that.  So, that's a plus to remember.

Aftermath:
day after weight: 162.0.  Yeah, EIGHT pounds down.  That's crazy.  Stoaked but expected to gain some back.  Guess what?  4 days out (yesterday) revealed that I gained back ALMOST ALL of it.  So, (duh) bottom line: if you're gonna torture yourself to lose a few real quick with this plan, DON'T!  I also felt like my body looked "loose."  Like when people have babies or lose a hundred pounds and have extra saggy skin, etc.  Ok, obviously it wasn't that extreme, but that's what it reminded me of.  Lower belly was kinda poochy, not so cute.  Too much weight, too fast!  And, if you wanted some T.M.I., I didn't really, uh, GO as much as I thought I would during the detox.  Everyone else acted like you'd be poopin' quite a lot.  I did only about once a day during, AND, since then, have not been very regular at all- just bloated and lots of loud stinky farts happening, to be honest.  Gross.  I feel like for someone who's been battling SO MUCH for so long, 3 days simply wasn't long enough to get a full detox reset, like I had hoped for.  I'd also honestly say smoothies morning, noon, and night just aren't for me.  Honestly, I HAVE had the breakfast smoothie since then- but there's no way in hell I'd make the lunch or dinner smoothie just cuz.  One awesome thing is that I have been craving less sugar- but have been craving grains and carbs, which is something Mark advised me to avoid.  Sigh.  I'm trying.  Although, the whole time I wanted a gluten free bagel for my first meal post program, but, when I got up that day, that didn't sound good at all and I made myself some eggs with spinach and avocado.  So that's good.  Baths made my skin soft and my back and body SORE.  If you get sensitive to heat, PROCEED WITH CAUTION.  I felt crappy (like low grade flu bad) for 2 days after.

My conclusion:
would I do this again? prolly not!
would I recommend?  depends.  If you have hella willpower AND are MILDLY unhealthy AND not doing it to lose weight AND able to drink cucumbers and celery for 3 days in a row, then I'd say give it a whirl.  If not, I'd say don't bother.  It was EXTREMELY trying, even with all my cheats.  I know I wasn't fun to be around!
tips:  omit the agua from the brekky smoothie and add more spinach
cut the lunch recipe in half and then the celery in half again or you will end up with a blender FULL of food.
slowly add cayenne to the dinner smoothie or you may end up with something far too spicy to consume, AND use less coconut water for better consistency.
use frozen fruit to save money and add texture to the smoothies
expect to spend FAR more than $16 a day to buy all the stuff- ESPECIALLY if you don't have flax seeds, coconut oil, lavender oil, epsom salts, probiotics, omega-3's, and multi vitamins.
keep in mind that the breakfast smoothie is FULL of sugar- even though it's from fruit, if you're looking to cut back on sugar, this may be too much!

thanks so much for reading!!!

1 comment: