Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Digestion

This will most definitely cross the line into WAY too much information, but, hey, you're warned. It's part of this annoying situation called my painful life, so it'd be silly to ignore.
Last Monday, the second, I took the kids to see a movie at red rocks (yay)! Upon leaving, my tummy started hurting A LOT.  By the time we got out of the parking lot (at least half an hour later), the discomfort of my indigestion seemed to have permeated through my whole body. My hips, my back, my WHOLE rib area (front, back, sides, WAY up under into my chest) just felt like toxins were pouring in, like noxious green gas you see in movies infiltrating a big area in just seconds, causing everyone in it's path to meet their demise. It was extremely uncomfortable! It made me think back to a year and a half earlier when I told my brother in law, Mark, (you remember him, the awesome acupuncturist) that my left arm hurt and he said, "digestion." At the time, I hate to confess, I thought he was a little nuts. Now I'm pretty sure he was right! What's that saying? Oh, yeah, "you are what you eat." Turns out, I keep pumping my body full of crap, and it makes me feel crappy. WEIRD.
I need this post  to remind me, again, that my diet REALLY does affect how I feel. This was the first time I've had such a crazy reaction to eating poorly but it was certainly a wake up call. Don't get me wrong, I've put this all together before, and have felt bad from eating bad before, but have never felt like it was just taking over my body like that!  That "toxic" feeling I've described before definitely seems to be linked to eating (and drinking) poorly.
On a different note, we went swimming the other day (for the first time this summer), and being outside AND in a warm pool didn't kill me. Mind you, we weren't outside all day, and I only went in the hot pool for maybe ten minutes, but short of a little extra back and chest pain, I didn't seem to be too much worse for the wear. I don't know if I should be happy or not about this. I just wish there were consistent triggers so I knew 1.what the hell, and 2. what to avoid so I could optimize my wellness.
Also, I think my work is killing me. Ok, not really but that building is most definitely making me sick. My drippy nose and sore throat had subsided while we were away, but promptly returned upon going back to work today. Ugh.
Goals: be happy, don't worry so much, relax.
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment